Friday, May 20, 2016

Men's Health Women's Health Night Run Penang 2016 by AIA Vitality- It Was My Lucky Night!

Men's Health Women's Health Night Run is back! It's going to be a Trifecta Medal this year.
 
This was the first out of three series for MHWH Night Run AIA Vitality. They kick started the series in Penang on 2 April followed by MHWH Night Run by AIA Vitality in Putrajaya on 30 July and the final leg will be held in Nusajaya, Johor Bahru ~ 7 January 2017


Honestly speaking I was never a fan for any night run, especially on a hot and humid island like in Penang. Therefore I would rather run 12km than to endure the suffering 21km night run hehehee... 12km cukup lah kan ehh....


Prior to this event, three of us made a pact for a quick road trip to Penang. Daud, Rashid and I were already planning to run in Penang together since both of them won the AIA Malaysia Facebook contest for all 3 series run (HM). Plus it has been a long time I haven't come to Penang be it for a runcation or makanthon. The last time was during Asics PBIM 2015. So this road trip was hard to resist hehee... Lambaian nasi kandaq gituh...



However at the very 11th hour, Daud could not make it for the road trip. So it's just two of us, the Dynamic Duo went to Penang by Rashid's car. Just like those old days before but this time Rashid drove all the way. Yessss, I`m the co-pilot hoho...
Say Pasemboq Gelek!
We took the Second Penang Bridge because it's nearer to the Queensbay Mall & I just love reminiscing my PBIM 2014
We started our journey to Penang on Saturday morning and reached the Island circa 2.00 - 2.30 pm. Went straight ahead for our lunch in Kayu Original Nasi Kandar near Vistana. Boy, how I missed my sinfully delicious divine Nasi Kandar so much, especially the thick finger licking spicy curry. Yummeh!
The culprit of the day.... But super yummilicious!
 After that we went to check in at Apple 1 Budget Hotel. Luckily there were some  extra rooms for the night. We had to take the room for 3 person. The room was spacious, the bed was comfy and the price was reasonable. Although the wifi connection was so-so but who cares, right? It's just a quick getaway. Runcation la katakan... Chill chill sude....


Look see look see session around the race village.. hehee #TeamUltron2016
 
Once everything was settled, we went to the race village just to have a glance at all the sponsor and co-sponsor booths. For the record, ULTRON was the Gold Sponsor for this event. Met several friendly Ultron Ambassador Runners at the booth.Took some pictures with them...
Demi contest ku sanggup relakan jiwa ehh... Feeling Cover Guy ELLE sangat!
Lucky Wheel of Fortune Spin At AIA Vitality Booth...

Both of us went to the race village with Tokdad Romzi. We took part in some of the contests and games at the booths. Mongoose Publishing booth, Petron, Otterbox and Salonpas. Just trying our luck. I won a cute smartphone resting part from Otterbox. Yayyy!
Me & Rashid strolling at the Race Village... Kepochi here and there ehh... Credits pic to Tokdad Romzi
Went back to the hotel and preparing ourselves for the event. My tummy was not feeling well, rumbling. Went to the loo several times but still not that occay. Bloated most probably due to the sinful nasi kandar curry. That's not a good sign. I just walloped Runbananaz before the run.
I`m An Ultron Winner... Happiness Is My Middle Name hohoho!

Runners were already flooding the Race Village since 5.30 onwards...So happening indeed!

 They released the 5km fun run first followed by 12km and 21km runners. This was the first time I saw this kind of reversed flag off.

Went into the starting gantry and off we went by 8.20 pm. Bumped into Sandra Cheah during the 1st kilometre dash and I slowed down gradually later on because I went too fast too early hahaa...  Talking about over excited much.
Sandra Cheah and I after the run.... Nice to bump into you babe... =D
We were running towards the big roundabout and went up the flyover towards the other side of the highway. We ran towards the industrial SEAGATE area of Bayan Lepas. Running under the pass was pretty dark. Luckily the street lights were bright enough for me to see the route.

Upon reaching the u-turn point circa 5.5km @ 6km, my tummy started to acting up again. Felt so painful and uncomfortable. Really need to hang on and reduced my pace to walking while looking for the nearest toilet. Unfortunately there was no portable loo. Had to tumpang the nearby loo at the small seafood eatery. Cannot tahan anymore LOL! Felt much better afterwards oops TMI...

The return route was flat and straight all the way towards the FL. Most of the route was dark. I had to run carefully and look for any pot holes or uneven surface. Finally managed to cross the FL under 1h40min++ hoho... Super slow me! Hahaa... Damn you nasi kandaq hoho... Lesson learned... The hard way again...Sigh...
Awesome Triangle Finisher Medal for MHWH Penang Series although there's no distance at the back or front...
Once I reached the FL, received my finisher medal, banana n drinking bottle. Went to the next canopy to take the goodie bag. Quite a lot of stuffs inside here. I was impressed!
Catch Of The Night... BAD LAB Men's Skincare Products & Movie Vouchers from PETRON Malaysia.
Selfie with New Balance Shades won by Captain Rashid RMR is a must hoho! Congrats =P

To make the night run even more memorable, I received two SMSes informing that I won the men's care products from BAD LAB worth RM120 for the Quiz contest and Petron lucky draw. I received the free TGV movie voucher for two. Could not get any happier than this... Woot2! This must be my lucky night.... Alhamdulillah...

Captain Ultron Rashid and Joanne Kay, CEO of Ultron with her precious little princess Gemma....
Congrats to all of us, Azrie, Kak Lily and Tokdad Romzi! All 12km Runners...
After the run, we went to the room and freshened us up first before joining Tokdad, Azrie and Kak Lily for the supper at Nasi Kandar Beratur near Kapitan Keling Mosque. Had a hearty chat while eating and went back to hit the sack. 


Breakfast Like A King hohohi!
Next morning we went to Astaka Taman Tun Sardon for our breakfast. I just had to order the famous chicken martabak there along with wantan noodle hehee... There were variety of choices of food for breakfast there. So many people thronged here for all the delicious authentic Penang food like kuih serabai, roti parata, nasi lemak, nasi lemuni and gulai ikan termenung. 

All in all, I enjoyed my short runcation. Run - checked, Makan2 - checked.... I will be back Penang for more! Could not get enough of Penang whenever I was in town... heheee.... 
                                           Enjoy the video guys!
Oh, before I almost forget, the registration is still open for the MHWH Night Run by AIA Vitality in Putrajaya on 30 July 2016. What are you waiting for, folks? Come and join the fun... You can register for it HERE or www.hooha.asia and just follow Men's Health Malaysia or Women's Health Malaysia Facebook for more details and latest announcement yeah... 
We went home via iconic Old Penang Bridge... I'll be missing you Penang!
 Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment