Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 IN A GLANCE EHH... WHAT A WONDERFUL YEAR... =D

Happy New Year 2015 to all my dear readers, fellow followers, on off visitors too! Welcome to my humble shabby blog...

I'm sure you guys had such a lovely holidays... A long one too if you took a leave today....

As always, here's my brief analysis for all my running events in 2014. Let me share with you guys out there all the unforgettable moments I've cherished during 2014...

January

I went to Melaka to run Skyhawk Nature Run, my first Half Marathon for 2014 (15th overall), after I DNSed MPIB Run the week after. It was the most unforgettable run last year for HM. Scenic rustic view, running through several lampungs along the way. Plus, the runners were spoiled with a generous free flow post-race treats. Too bad I couldn't repeat it this year due to some personal reasons.

February

It was the month of back-to-back Ultras (50km) for me. I went to Pak Chong, Thailand for my debut TNF100 Thailand 100km Duo category. Alongside my running buddy Razinah, our Team Genocide managed to finish the most brutal route, scorching merciless sun under 20 hours. Not bad for a ultra newbie team like us, right? Need to train way harder if we want to upgrade our distance to 100km Solo... Will have to give this one a miss this year... Lack of training and I`m still nursing my injuries.


 A week after TNF100 Thailand, I joined TITI Ultra 50km. It was my maiden 50km ultra road race. I'm really glad that I did my longest 51km run during TNF100 Thailand. We started running on 12 midnight. Luckily the weather was not humid at all at night. Pretty cold, especially around Titi - Genting Perez Jelebu. It got mental as the sun rises... The hills were alive then... So grateful I finished the race under 9 hours (8hours 50minutes).


March

Malaysia Women Marathon 2014 was held on 16 March. It was a super nasty hazy run for me as a pacer for my running buddy Razinah. We ran together again this time around. The distance had to be downgrade from 42.195km to 21.1km due to the unhealthy haze around Shah Alam. We were really tormenting our lungs and system on that day as I could still remember that we had to inhale so many chemicals, smell like toxic and smoke at some stretch. My head was spinning at some point hahaa... Crazy suicidal runners we were back then... Oh my precious lungs!
April

Really really fell in love with  King Of Bukit Larut (KOBL) 2014 so much. It was a low key event designed for crazy runners who would love to scale up the tarmac section of Bukit Larut (Maxwell Hill) up and down. Loved the camaraderie, the ambiance and most importantly the super delicious free flow cendol and yummy spicy nasi lemak after the race. It's definitely a must repeat event for me this year. Save this date folks - 26 April 2015!


Pisang Relay Run was my 1st relay event for 2014. Dressed up a little bit like a gigantic Banana Viking Monsta for the themed run. Ran around Bukit Jalil Recreation Park twice for 6-7km in total with Rashid and Abu Bac, my terrific trio. Team BananaPawer had so much fun together. I won the best dressed category and a lucky draw too. I went home with a humongous light blue Roxanne, 2ndSkin tee and a water bottle. Never felt any happier than this. Thank you so much guys for your cheers and votes. Thank you DOOF especially for your awesome beanie bag!


May

Larian Keputeraan Sultan Perak was my first run in Kuala Kangsar, Perak. Been longing to join this event since 2013. It was a great event too. Cheap registration fees for a 15km run. The rustic scenery along Sungai Perak and Sayong was awesome! Love the traditional music performances like the Chinese lion dance, Indian horse dance  and Malay Serunai Gendang Silat performance by the river. Definitely screamed 1Malaysia to me. Had so many group photos afterwards. There was one this ladyrunner who would like to take photo with me even I was not wearing any fancy costume on that day - mode terharu sat eh... =P


Hat Yai International Marathon 2014 was one of my unforgettable experiences too. Especially the makanthon part, before and after the race. Kak Kiah delegates last year was amazing! Gme as the Chief de Mission did a good job. Will be expecting more runners to join us this year's edition. Super can't wait for Hat Yai International Marathon 2015 on 26 May! =D

June

Melaka River International Marathon was my 12th FM. It was held on 8 June. This event received so many negative feedback from the fellow participants due to many factor, especially no safety cones near the town area for runners. We had to zig zag and ran carefully among the crazy traffic. Won't be running here again. I hate it so much... Boycott weh! Urghhh too bad despite all the historical landmarks...

July

It was a month for me to rest after Melaka River "International" Marathon. My old injuries came back and I had to rest and did all those R.I.C.E stuffs.  PAC Relay Run X was held in the fasting month of Ramadhan. It was my 2nd relay run in 2014. Me and 4 of my running friends "Totisthoners" formed a team under Chap Ayam Runners. We had so much fun running around Lake Garden 3km 5 times, one each. Plus it was my first run after such a long rest.


August

Hosted a makan-makan aka open house for Raya at my humble crib for my running friends. Cooked some western clean eating dishes for them. Carbonara, pumpkin soup and some Ceaser salad too... Some brought fruits and desserts for us. So happening indeed... Thanks for coming guys and gurls!


Forward Oat King Sport Run Penang was my 19th HM. Taufik and I decided to run this event, which was being held on the 7th day of Syawal. Still in the festive mood, we decided to ran in Baju Melayu. There were not many Malay runners joining this event, many were still hollidaying at their hometown. So we kind a popped out from the rest. We were being interviewed by some Chinese newspapers journalists and were featured in the newspapers the day after. Didn't see it coming though hehee... Thanks to cik Taufik for the light popularity eh =P



Energizer Night Run 2014 was my Anniversary Run. I really need to run this event as I used to run it first back in 2011. Back then it was a Nightmare Run in Sepang International Curcuit. Thanks to the "adorable reliable" organizer. Last year, it was being held in the heart of KL, Merdeka Square. Love the fireworks show. Finished my 15km run with other runners. Met so many friends that fateful night.


Kuching Marathon 2014 was defnitely truly unforgettable. From the warmth hospitality, supportive Kuchingites to the flawless events. I really love running there. Will totally run there again this year. We had so much makanthon and sightseeing along the Sarawak River. Must go there early for the delicious mee kolok and TopSpot seafood galore.. Hehee...

September

I started my September run by joining Penang Ultra 84km Round Island Challenge. It was my 4th ultra event attempt after B2E, TNF Thailand and TITI 50 Ultra. Went to Penang by car with my accomplice partner, Azim Ashaary this time. Realising that I didn't train well and lack of mileage for this event, I soldiered on.I tried to meet the cutoff time for every CP and didn't manage to reach CP4 50KM before 8 hours. I bonked at 47KM. My feet were killing me literally. Even walking was so excruciating and the pain is unbearable. Rest a few time until the sweeper bus came by to bring me tand other DNFers to the FL. Lack of rest was a key factor too. Will train harder and bounce back stronger to conquer Penang Island on foot by joining Starlight Penang perhaps? =D

October

It was another EPIC fail back-to-back running events. Did my 21th HM BSN Putrajaya Marathon on the night before the SCKLM 2014. Next time I will not gamble myself running a HM:FM like this. It was really taxing my poor leg muscles... Oh last year route for SCKLM was super boring! The undulating rolling highways was really mental for slow runners like me... Need to focus more on SCKLM than PNM actually...

Me and my Team Gevoolicious actually joined KL Fabulous Food 1Malaysia Hunt. It was our first time joining this kind of treasure hunt, more like JJCM hunt for us. There were 9 Check Points that we have to go and eat the designated dishes, hot or cold. Must finish them all, clean! It's all about strategies and how to get to the venues fast and efficient. Didn't get the Top 30 though, 54th, I think so. The experience was priceless. Will be back next year to play smarter and faster ehh! U guys were awesome ho-yeah!

November

November was my 100KM Ultramarathon month. I was a proud finisher of Putrajaya 100 Miles for 100km category. The organizer did a tremendous job in ensuring this event was a success one. It was one gruesome, searing hot, mental route day and night. I was so lucky and felt so grateful to have Razzuwan Razali as my pacer, especially on the 2nd Half. It would a memorable event for me to cherish for a lifetime. Will I repeat it this year? Only time will tell... =D

                 

December

I celebrated my 100th run in Run 4 It 8. It was held on 14 December. I'm so glad I just ran a 10km event. It was an overdistance run, 11.5km. Plus the finisher tee for 21km was pretty unflattering, just plain white... hehee...

What a better way to end my glorious year by running my 17th FM in Cyberjaya Putrajaya Perdana Twincity Marathon. The event was enjoyable. I finished my run under 7hours 13minutes. A bit under distance, 41.6km. Mostly flat route. Easily can make a PB provided if you are in a perfect shape and condition. Thanks to the organizer for the free slot. =D


So, the summary for Running Events in 2014 is as follows:

- Total:35
- 3 Ultras (TNF100 Thailand, TITI 50 Ultra and Putrajaya 100 Miles - 100KM)
- 8 FMs (2XU Compression Run Singapore, Melaka River Marathon, Hatyai International Marathon, Kuching Marathon, Bukit Jalil Park Marathon, SCKLM, PBIM and Cyberjaya Putrajaya Twincity Marathon)
- 9 HMs (Skyhawk Nature Run Malacca, Malaysia Women Marathon, KOBL, Sundown Malaysia JB, Forward Oat King Sport Run Penang, 2XU Compression Run Malaysia, BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon, Penang Run Series 2 -Seberang Perai Selatan and PJ Half Marathon)
- 2 Climbathons (Yam Tuan Antah, Negeri Sembilan & Gunung Bujang Melaka, Perak)
- 2 15KMs (Larian Keputeraan Sultan Perak and Energizer Night Run)
- 2 12KMs (ALPHA Run and Live Great Run)
- 2 Tenkeis (Oren Sport Run, Klang and Run 4 It 8, GM Klang)
- 2 Relay 3KM Runs (Pisang Relay Run and PAC Relay Run X)
- 1 Towerthon, 1 30KM , 1 23KM, 1 11KM, 1 Outdoor duo race (Kenaboi)
- 6 DNS
- 1 DNF (Penang Ultra 84KM: DNFed at CP 50KM)
- Total Mileage for Events: 961.56KM
- Total Mileage for Training: 718.6KM
- Overall Mileage 2014: 1680.16KM 


 

Note To Myself: Need to train harder and smarter to avoid any injuries and run happily in 2015  
‪#‎Snapseed‬ ‪#‎Imbasan2014‬ ‪#‎HappyNewYear2015‬ ‪#‎funrunner‬ ‪#‎AizaTotis‬


P/S: All the pics are courtesy of Kah Wai, RFF, Ms. Hong, Rashid, Gme, Azfar, Mr. Tan, Taufik, Mr. ET Tey, Azim, Ms. Eeda, Shamroslee, Abu Bac, Eugene, Sis Gai etc. Thank you for the lovely memories! It's beyond words!
Have A Happy Prosperous New Year 2015!




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks... Kita lari for the sake of passion dan fun fun run je... Yang penting enjoy hehee... =D.. Thanks for your comment too =)

      Delete
  2. 720km training.... lol

    ReplyDelete