|Trio Comel Ceria di Puncak Bukit Larut y`all! Pic courtesy of Gme|
First and foremost, my utmost apologies for letting my blog filled with cobwebs and dusts... Yeah I have to admit I was pretty much running out of blogging mojo and laziness got the most out of me.
|Chubby chunky me during my 1st Visit in November 2010... huhuu|
|Right after/before I vomited my nasik lemak Pokok Assam... @.@|
After all, I am very confident with the organizer after their first successful inaugural Putrajaya 50K Run and Watergate P16 Hours Ultra event. Did not really care about the event tee or finisher medal. All I wanted to do was to support our own homegrown local organizer. Plus, I already fell in love with Taiping the moment I finished my first HM during Taiping International Marathon 2012/3. You can read all about it HERE for the quick recap! =)
|The only thorn among the lovely roses at the foot of Maxwell Hill during REPC *Credits to Sis Gai|
Race Day *Gulps!
Woke up upon hearing my alarm iPhone around 5.30 am. I sluggishly went to the bathroom for my hot shower and performed Fajr prayer. I took 2 anti fatigue caps and a Gardenia corn bread for my light breakfast. I drove to the starting line and reached there around 6.40 am. There were many vehicles parked there already by that time.
|Kita Selfie Dulu Before The Torturous Uphill Run! =P *Credits to Asheek|
|Look at all our happy fresh faces before the event.... Pics courtesy of Azfar, PACat Adventure Team|
|Here We Go!|
|Just look at this super steep incline... Rasa nak nangis otot2 calves, glutes and pinggang nih... *Pics by Gme|
|Jangan Pandang Bawah! Gayat cheq oi!|
|Love The Foggy Forest... Feeling2 obeseas...|
|We Are Half Way There! Pic Credits to Azmil =)|
|Wajah2 Insaf Sepanjang Jalan.... Abg Zaini, Gme and I...|
|Happy Cheerful Me at FL. Pics courtesy of Vivien Tay and Azfar|
Food Glorious Food!
All the finishers were pampered with lots of food I tell ya! There were lots of juicy watermelon slices, bananas, iced mineral water and 100 Plus, super sedap spicy nasi lemak and free flow cendol too! More like a makanthon than a half marathon... LOL! Me and Gme melantak cendol sampai tekak rasa nak hilang suara... Hahahaa... Totally worth the experience... It's priceless...
|Pakar2 Melantak Cendol Sampai Kembong... LOL Pic courtesy of Abg Zaini & Sis Marlina =D|
|Three Kings and One Queen of Bukit Larut|
|Muka2 finishers penuh keinsafan ini... hohoho!|
|Sekali sekala buang tebiat pose2 Queen... LOL! Thanks to Sis Norliza... Pinjam sat nah!|
|Viking King Andrew bestowed my Coronation Day in his own exquisite exotic way.. LOL! Pic by Moving on AC|
1. Small scale event like this was very good. Love the camaraderie spirits. Felt like a running family reunion. Easy to control the crowd. Ample parking space and felt very safe especially very early in the morning although there were many dogs at the parking area. Thanks to abang2 and uncle2 RELA.
2. Singing Negaraku right before the event really boosted our patriotic spirits. A very nice touch.
3. Sufficient mineral water and isotonic at every WS. Even the medical team was always on the standby mode.
4. Runners kept on encouraging each other along the way up and down. Love the high fives.
5. Picturesque view along the way up. The scenery at the summit was to die for. Felt like a King at that time. LOL! Appreciating the beauty of Mother Nature at its best
6. Simple but sweet event tee design, love the drifit material too.
7. Post run event - scrumptious food for all the Kings and Queens.Now we could really say, we had breakfast like a King/Queen. LOL! Boleh lah makan sampai lebam... Hohoho!
8. Berbaloi2 harga pendaftaran dengan perks yang semua Kings and Queens dapat semasa KOBL ini. Most important of all, the experience of going up and descending there was totally priceless! Hands down... =D
9. The cutoff time (5 hours) was so generous. Love it too...
1. Paper cups were seen littered around the WS and along the route even though there were many rubbish bags. It won't harm a bit if we could slow down and throw it properly. Next time it would be better to do BYOB for the refill.
I would love to take this opportunity to thank the organizer and sponsors for a successful, very well organized event. It was really awesome. I was still grinning from ear to ear till now. Thank you to all the PACat V-Army, JPAM medical team and abang2 RELA. Last but not least, Congratulations to all the Kings and Queens for gracing Bukit Larut! You guys did great ya!
Till we meet again, Bukit Larut.... You will definitely be missed badly... The crazier idea of doing a King of Bukit Larut Marathon (2 loops) always been lingering on my mind eversince. I`m confident it is runnable/doable. Hahaa... Gilos... We'll just have to wait and see what KOBL has to offer next year... So looking forward to support this kind of event. (^^)
|Now I am the King Kong of Bukit Larut... Ho Yeahhh!|