Monday, July 4, 2016

SUPERHEROES RACE 2016 - OVERLOAD ~ The Best Costume Run Ever!

Superheroes Race 2016 was the second edition this year after the inaugural event that was held in Bukit Jalil Car Park April last year...

Initially they were supposed to do the event in Putrajaya. However, they decided to held the run in Lanai MaTiC Jalan Ampang since MaTic would love to be the venue organizer.

Then came another turbulance when they had to pospon the race from 17 April to 22 May 2016 due to unavoidable reasons since there were another event Perkeso Run & Ride on that same date. Therefore to ensure the runner's safety, they had to pospon it to 22 May, which was not a KL Car Free Morning. Looks like they made a good decision although many foreigners and out of Klang Valley participants were really disappointed when they posponed it 3 days prior to the tentative date. Ah well damage has been done by the way...

On Saturday morning I went to Taman Tasik Permaisuri Cheras to collect my latest custom made beanie hat, arm braces and bling-bling purple cape from Mis Fid #MisFydKrafts . Managed to do some fitting session with her too. Hahaa... Segan i kat public place nih 😝🙈 Thanks babe!
Awesome Magneto arm brace masterpiece by MisFydKrafts...
Expressing my fierce supervillain face hohohi....
Presenting Magneto hat beanie & arm braces.... Kawaii...
Fast forward to the day before the event (Saturday). I went to MaTiC in the evening  to collect my running bib courtesy of NM Galaxy & TixTac Malaysia. I chose 10km because I don't feel like running 15km in my costume! That would be insane and I might  finish late LOL! So I thought of running 10km under 1h20min++ is doable, Inshaa Allah... 



Racepack was collected in a jiffy and off I went home preparing my DIY armour vest... I just used whatever I had to design my Magneto armour vest from crafts foam and some velcro. Not the best armour I've ever made but at least it would be functional for my fun run... Finished prepping up before 12 midnight and I dozed off instantly...

Woke up lazily around 4am... Still feeling super sleepy I forced myself to have a quick shower and put my clothes on. Just in case I forgot to bring my props and custome, I just put everything in one big plastic bag. Easier to locate my stuffs then.  Then around 4.50 am I drove to the venue.

Really need to reach there early because of the limited parking spaces near to the venue. Managed to get one adjacent to the venue and I dragged my huge plastic bag to Marathon Baker booth. We were proud to be one of the co-sponsors for this event.
Immediately changed into my full costume suit, all thanks to Shaz @mamachaksonline for helping me tying my ribbon Magneto cape & sealing my handmade armour vest. Hohoho... Lucky me...
Shaz @mamachaksonline in action.... Such a darling... Thanks babe!
Looks like more and more participants kept pouring in and the 15km participants were being flagged off by Zet Marathon Baker by 5.45am. She also ran the distance once she was done with the flag off ceremony. Awesome job babe!

Since Mr Ariff, the Race Director could not make it to this race event because he was down with hot fever, the organizer requested me to do the flagoff. It was such an honour! For the first time in my life. Hahaa... It was truly once in a lifetime experience! Before the flagoff the emcee showed me some Blowing Hon 101 tips... So glad I could perform my impromptu duty well... Kihkih...



SuperLadies & Supervillain in action... In front of Marathon Baker promo booth... Thanks folks! 

While I was waiting to do the honour by flagging off the 10KM run, some of the runners came to Marathon Baker booth to take some photos with me. 

Once I pressed the hon loud and long, off I ran and joining the crowd... Running with a Magneto costume possessed its own challenges too, especially with this handmade armour vest. It's hard to swing my arms hahaa...
Let's Conquer KL City Together! Muahahaaa ~ Evil Laugh...
So we ran along the major roads in KL. Felt like running in a KL Car Free Morning Run too. It was a cooling morning to run. I just took it easy for the first 3km.

Yeahhh enjoying my morning run in Magneto suit! Pic courtesy of Kh Ai....

Once I reached the first WS at KM4++, I slowed down my pace as we merged with the 3km fun run participants. Stopped for a while and took some pictures with some runners.

Kita wefie dulu with Muzie Sham and his little armies! Thanks bro....

After that I just kept on running. I had to take off the Magneto hat beanie when it was getting really hot & stuffy hehee... Somewhere around KM7++...

Bumped into some 15km runners at this point. Just keep on moving & enjoying my run...

Magneto in action again....Bloated betol LOL! Pic credits to Hishamudin Aine....

I could already see the FL was near once I entered Jln Ampang. I just ran my heart out and crossed the FL in style hehee... 1h25m if I'm not mistaken. Yeahhh...

After the run, I went to take the medal and some refreshments. As usual, they gave us some cold ice-cream too. Yumm!
With all the Super Ladies, Shaz, Zet & Yamini.... =)

It's Zumba time babeh... Super Fun totally!
I joined the Zumba dance with the rest of the participants. Doing a Zumba "belly dancing" was so much FUN indeed! LOL....
Even they provided some yummy delicacies to purchase for breakfast on that day.

Post-run, it's photoshoot session with all the funky costume runners and friends, as always... Met so many costume runners, new and old hehee... It was nice knowing you guys!
With Deadpool, Batgirl, Supergirl, Ironman, Robin etc....



With Mr Habib from Anonymous Runners.. Famous rupanya mamat super fit nih!
Congrats Gerlyn Wang for your Best Dress Award & lucky draw... And Boon Hee too... Superb Tinkerbell costume!
With Eleena... Congrats babe!
Zumba Teacher Hanim Iefa and her disciples hehee... Cayalah beb!
Did not get the Best Costume Award this year, due to the tough competitions among the runners. Hahaa... It's occay... I had so much fun already in one day... I wished they will up the prizes to Top 5 Winners next year, perhaps? Hewhew...
Top 3 Best Dress Superheroes Costume - Men's Category.... Congrats gentlemen! Definitely a high benchmark to beat hahaa
Overall it was a good event. Awesome traffic control at every junction, critical point, lovely weather - slightly overcast, drizzled a bit in the morning, great hospitality, super nice finisher medal - so bulky. Special thanks to the organizer for the complementary running slot. :) Looking forward to run Superheroes Race 2017... Hmmm wonder what should I wear then... A superhero or a supervillain? We'll see... =D


With Arina, Syahzan & Muazan from NM Galaxy.... Terbaek la u guys! Pic credits to Superheroes Race 2016
Big Thank You and Congrats to all the selfless dedicated hardworking volunteers, marshalls, crews for Superheroes Race 2016!
P/S: For more pictures and more updates, feel free to visit their Facebook and website ok... Cheers!
Catch of the day! Woot2...

1 comment: