Thursday, October 6, 2016

Double Trouble X-Trail PD Duathlon 2016 - My First Duathlon Relay Ever! #duitwild

The serene Hutan Simpan Sungai Menyala, Port Dickson - Fascinating!
Hi there! It's me again... Happy long weekend to all my fellow readers and followers out there. Still not too late to wish Salam Awal Muharam @ Ma'al Hijrah to all the Muslims all over the world.

I would like to share my not so recent race report @ review on this special event that was close to my heart. Do you want to know why? Because I was deeply involved from the very beginning until towards the end of Double Trouble X-Trail Duathlon 2016 
It's truly an honour to represent Marathon Baker during the soft launch and press conference...
Months before the event, the organizer approached me as the middle man to liaise with Marathon Baker to be one of the co-sponsors for this unique inaugural event. After several meetings, we were agreed to be part of this awesome event. I was excited and could not hardly wait to participate. I already told my team mate to save the date and get ready for the event. We registered as a team Crankworx Vs Divas with the early bird rate. Must support my friends' event. Plus I've never run at Hutan Simpan Sungai Menyala, the only lowland forest that was near to the sea in Peninsular Malaysia. So I was so looking forward to hit the trail there.
Welcome to our humble sales booth here.... So cosy...
Fast forward to the Saturday before the event day. I drove to the venue and reached there quite late. Collected my team's racekit in a jiffy and hang around Marathon Baker's booth with Shaz, Zet and Ariff. Apparently Ariff Syafik got the co-sponsor's free allocated slot. Yayy. the more the merrier Team Marathon Baker here... =)
Shaz, Zet and Ariff were busy entertaining the customers 
Collected my racekit for this event. Loved that Marathon Baker choc peanut flavours inside the goodie bag. 

Hehee... Sempat lagik pose masa collect racekit nih... Credits to bro Baha for this pic...
Met some familiar faces here while waiting for Hamdi to arrive and check in his mountain bike. After my team mate arrived, I gave his racekit and went for a dinner with Team MarathonBaker. Thanks Zet & Shaz for the awesome treat. It was a good opportunity to catch up and chillax a bit with them. After that we went to check in to NST Holiday Apartment and called it a night. Ariff and I managed to hit the swimming pool for a quick dip. Felt so refreshing after a long day in the sun. Keke... Bed time afterwards... Zzzz...



Ben & Dian for Mixed Relay categories, Arina the volunteer for this event
Me & Achan, the bike Marshall.... 
Woke up early the next morning and was surprised to see it was raining already. Expect some slippery and challenging trail run on that morning. Hehee... It was still drizzling the moment we reached the venue. Thank goodness it was just a 5 km trail run and it was a relatively flat route. Lucky me keke 🙊

Deposited my stuffs inside the hall and went straight away to the loo for a quick No. 1 business. There were so many participants were already queueing up at the gents. Perhaps the organizer should provide more portaloos outside to facilitate the crowd. 
Boiy, the Race Director was giving the brief before the event started....
Still drizzling at this moment while we waited fpr the flagoff... 
After the national anthem Negaraku and du'a, the participants were being flagged off around 7.45 am. It was a wet and wild run in the drizzle at first. There were so many people running along the route. We had to run across some open space with less canopy towards the first small bridge.
Off we go folks... Let the game begins eh... 
The trail was awesome. Had to be really careful while running some slippery part. Then it was a downhill run all the way. Then I felt my tummy was rumbling and discomfort. Thanks to my spicy dinner. LOL.  Had to contain while running towards the finish line. It was not cool at all hahahaa. Finally reached the transit area and now it was my relay partner turn to ride. Yeahhh! All the best Hamdi! =D

 

 

From what I heard from other riders, the cycling part was tough enough. Although it was a 30km ride, most of the route was single path and technical too. Plus it was so muddy and slippery all thanks to the heavy downpour the night before until the morning.
Go Medi Champ Go!
Cranked it up like a champ bro! 
I went to the loo first while waiting for my relay partner to arrive back at the transit area. It was a long wait hoho. Bak kata orang Melayu, penantian itu satu penyiksaan. Kihkih...

Run like a hurricane bro Medi!
Not long after that Hamdi reached the transit area and off I went to run the final leg. But now it was a 5km reverse trail run. My legs were still fresh but the it was already shining bright. Not that hot actually. I just kept on running and tried to overtake other runners. Stopped at the WS before I continued running. Plenty of drinking water and isotonic for all the participants. Awesome.
One selfie on the open trail in the second loop keke...
Thank you to the awesome volunteers manning the water stations....
It felt like forever to reach back to the Finish Line. Hahaa. Finally after 40minutes++, I crossed the finish line. Yayyy. Total 10km trail run for today.

Run like a Diva, Just enjoy the trail run hehee...
After I took my finisher medal, I went to join my partner for some photo session together before I had my lunch pack. Just in time for lunch as I was already starving hahaa... Once I finished having my scrumptious chicken rice for lunch, I went back to the hotel to freshen myself up and check out. I went back to the venue to help them pack things out.
Delicious lunch food packs... 
It's a Free Flow Drinks for all the participants.... Love it!
My Relay Partner after The Race... Congrats to both of us eventhough he was covered in mud all over... Hahaaa!
With Zet, the Founder of Marathon Baker herself... =D
All in all, it was a very well organized event. Not bad for an inaugural trail duathlon. Friendly volunteers, plenty of drinks, food packs, awesome event tee and finisher medal design, lucky draw session too. Congrats to the organizer for a smooth event. Everybody went home happy, including me... kekkeke....



Catch of that day.... Sleek design....
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment