Wednesday, September 21, 2016

MHWH NIGHT RUN (Putrajaya Edition) 2016 - Running Through The Rain

Ocean of red swarming Palace Of Justice, Precint 3, Putrajaya last 30 July 2016
Hi there folks! Once again I would like to apologize for this delayed race report due to some inevitable circumstances hehee... Pure laziness actually hoho...
Hahaaa, sempat lagik pose pose bersama finisher tee HM saya yang pertama walaupun tengah sakit kaki nih
This race marked my 30th Half Marathon and what a better way to celebrate it other than running in Men's Health Women's Health Night Run by AIA Vitality in Putrajaya. I still remembered BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon 2011 was my first Half Marathon. Lured by the sexy red hot chilli finisher tee, I was determined to complete it. The satisfaction was beyond all the chaffing, blisters and painful feet. I could not walk anymore once I crossed that FL... LOL! Ok enough with all the throwback moments... hehee...

When I knew that there was special half price for both categories on the Facebook, I immediately contacted the person in charge for bulk registration. So lucky to sign up for the race at an affordable price hehee... Must be thrifty and selective nowadays... Lots of races every weekends you know...
ULTRON 5F RUNNING MOVEMENT @ KLCC Park
Fast forward to the event day. I went to join the ULTRON 5F Running Movement which was being held in KLCC Park on that Saturday morning. It was fun to run 5km around the park with all the participants. This was my first time running here for this year hehe... Felt so good... Later on I went to Avenue K to pick up my DOOF Hubble... Thank you so much DOOF Industries for this free Hubble worth RM175... Ideal for chillaxing either outdoor or even indoor... More infos about it later ya... 
Thank You DOOF Industries for your generosity and not forgetting me still hohohi....
 It was a gloomy Saturday with thunderstorms and torrential rain in the evening. I came a bit late due to some urgent stuffs. By the time I reached Palace of Justice, it was still drizzling. The queue for racekit collection is still quite long. Runners had to queue up in the rain. Some with umbrellas while others were wearing rainjackets. Once I managed to collect mine, I just head to the car for a quick final preparation... Put my visor on along with a headbuff, just in case the drizzle will turn into heavy downpour.
Runners patiently waiting in the REPC queue despite the pouring rain...
Looks like I was the only MarathonBaker product ambassador running this Half Marathon  hoho...  Let's have some fun!
Went around and lepaking at ULTRON booth. ULTRON was proud to be the #GoldSponsor and #OfficialApparel for this race. Saw some familiar faces around here. Hangout for a while and off I went into the gantry when they announced that 21km runners are ready for the flagoff. 
Free Deep Tissue Massage amd Taping Services for those who wears ULTRON running apparel & limited number only
I started running from the back. No more drizzle during the flagoff ceremony. Thank goodness but the road was already drenched wet. We were running towards PICC and were being diverted to Lebuh Wadi Ehsan as usual. I just kept my pace slow and steady for the first 4km. Once I reached the first U-turn point, I increased my pace a little bit. Still manageable, I tried to maintain it until I reached 10-11km. We had to run towards the abandoned dark highway route similar to Cyberjaya Twincity Marathon's before I reached the 2nd U-turn. 

I stopped at the WS for a drink and munched some banana. I even had one ball of Runbananaz too... It was cooling to run at some stretch. Thanks to the heavy rain. I continued running as I could sense that the Finish Line was not far already. However the cramp threat started to screw up my pace. I had to slow down a bit just to contain the "threat". At some point I just power walked to get rid of the cramp attack.
Victorious! Credits to Ariffin Duta Foto for this snapshots! Loving it..
The final 3km felt like forever to reach! So I huffed puffed and shuffled my way and tried to run whenever I saw the photographers hohohi... Finally reached the FL in 2hours 48mins 58secs (gun time) 2 hours 47minutes 44secs (nett time). Yeayyy!! This was my best timing for a HM this year. Thank goodness I used to do long run here in Putrajaya, covered most of the same route.  So I took it as my final long run before the most anticipated Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon (SCKLM) on the very next week.
 
 
After I took the finisher medal and goodie bag, I went straight away to hang around with my running friends. Took some pictures with MARDI Runners. Boomerang too LOL! 

MARDI Runners @ We Are Runners Trio - Raja Del, Captain Rashid & Yours Truly...
Group photo wefies and photosession is a must! Credits to Ariffin DutaFoto for the pic...
Daud, Captain Rashid & Yours Truly - Credits to Raiju Runners for the pic...
All in all, it was a very well organized event, good mini carnival ambiance at the venue, got several pacers too for 21km category, plenty of drinking water, isotonic and bananas especially for slow runners keke... Except for the long queue for collecting the goodies bag which I did not have to wait long since they opened another line... Lucky me fuhhh... The finisher medal design was ok and interconnected with the previous medal... Plus this time around they clearly stated the distance on the back of the medal, unlike the previous Penang edition 😍✌️️
 
Lady Running for Putrajaya Edition....
My Precious 30th HM Finisher Medal...
Results were out already... I`m at number 627 tuh keke....
 
Till then, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment