|Man In Red with his official mascot aka cheerleader, eh! Brangan je lebey.. =P|
|Plenty of stuffs in this goodie bag... Jajan Meiji tuh sodap!!!|
|Congratulation Rashid and fellow MARDI Runners... Kita Juara, Yeahhh! Sorry xdapat join yek!!!|
|Rantau Most Wanted Yaw... Food glorious food galore... Bear with me ya... Stay calm and start drooling, eh... =D|
Fast forward to the historic day, Zen and I dashed towards Seremban as early as 5am. Although I was feeling sleepy upon waking up on that morning. I'm so not a morning person, most definitely. Yawned! Luckily there were not many traffic along the way. Parked my car in the State Mosque compound and performed Subuh prayer there. Once everything was ready, we walked down towards Padang MPS
The half marathoners were flagged off on time at 6.30 am by the royal highness,YAM Tunku Dato' Seri Utama Naquiyuddin Ibni Amarhum Tuanku Ja'afar.I was running along the route towards Taman Ming Hoe, Taman Rahang, Taman Seremban and Taman Merdeka Height. Circa KM3, I was surprised to see our favourite Femes Bunny, Kak Lina whizzed past me. Said hi to her too. It seemed that I was struggling to keep up with my pace and breathing at that moment. And then we were greeted by the first lovely incline. Not that mental because it was still dark and cool morning. I was running towards Senawang when I saw the infamous Taman Rashidah Utama on my left side. By that time, I have to run in a straight line after one of the runner advised me to stay on the line because there's no safety cones were being placed at the road side. Luckily the motorists in Seremban were very careful and patient bunch. I reached Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium Paroi around KM8. I took my first energy gel here. My running map could be seen here in my Dailymile.
|My running pose after 11km... Must smile happily... Credits to Abg Zaini, Kak Lina's hubby.|
|I was chasing after Kak Lily from KM7 onwards... She's sooo fast to keep up with @_@|
|Upon arriving the finishing line at the MPS Field... Note that I'm not doing the heel strike here ye Rashid...|
|Me and Bro Irwan Anuar... He's super fast I tell ya..|
|Me with Kak Lily and Azim.... Tahniah guys!!!|
- Sufficient amount of iced water, isotonic (Gatorade), cold sponges and muscle spray along the route
- Several marshals were spotted manning the main street
- Happy volunteers manning the water stations by handing over the polystyrene cup (albeit not environmental friendly obviously)
- Many official crews were jotting down the runners' bib numbers, good job guys!
- Super patient Seremban motorists. None of them honked at us and they even gave way to runners crossing the busy junctions.
- No road marshalls at certain junctions. Runners have to run at their risk at this point. Safety issues at stake here.
- The policeman was giving way to the motorist at one busy junction instead of us the runners! I could not wait any longer and risk myself to cross the busy road once it looked safe enough.
- Merged with the 10km school kids at the last uphill road. They were hogging the narrow lane. I had to squeeze in among them to reach finishing line. Almost bumped into a Chinese school girl on my way going down hill before the State Mosque. Very very dangerous indeed! *Arghhh tarik2 rambut...
- No mineral water at the finishing line. You have to redeem it at the "lucky draw" counter. what if you won an umbrella and you are dead thirsty? Only diluted Sarsi drinks were served at the refreshment counter. I drank like nobody's business ok! So thirsty woo.
|Catch of the day: Shiny limited finisher medal... My 12th HM medal done!!! Pewter some more... =)|
|Owh this is my favourite keychain from Taiwan... Love the purple beads inside... Xie Xie Nie!!!|
|More giveaway from my generous Kak Lina - Great Eastern Live Cap, Athlete Circle Drinking Bottle and Energy Drink..|